If you are having sound issues please try the following.
All Laptops Fix 1.
- In the lower right corner of the screen you will see several little icons. One of those icons looks like a speaker with lines coming out of it. (If you do not see any icons click the little arrow to show them.)
- Clicking on that icon will open the volume slider. Make sure the volume slider is up.
- If the computer was muted your volume icon would have a red circle with a line through it. Clicking the icon and moving the slider up will exit mute.
All Laptops Fix 2.
- If you are playing any media (Movies, games, slideshow, etc...) many applications have a volume slider built in. Check for the volume slider and make sure the volume is turned up.
- In the lower right corner of the screen you will see the volume icon. Clicking that will open the volume slider.
- At the bottom of the volume slider you will see "Mixer"
- In this window you will see an independent volume slider for each application. If you are getting system sounds but not sound from your web browser make sure your web browser slider is up all the way.
- In the lower right corner of the screen you will see the volume icon. Clicking that will open the Chrome quick menu which contains the volume slider.
- Next to the volume slider you will see an arrow and icon.
- Clicking the icon/arrow will give you the option to change the output destination for the audio. (For example if you are not hearing sound from your headphones, only from the laptop speakers, clicking the headphone option will send the audio to the headphones.)