To create a new email group go to groups.google.com
From this page you can view, edit, and create email groups.
To start a new group Please do the following:
- Click "Create Group" at the top, it's a red button with white text.
- Enter the "Group name" (This is only the Display name for the group. e.g. - Teacher Sanity Fund)
- Enter the "Group email address" (This should be as short and clear as possible, You can put the full title as the email but its more of a hassle for people to enter. e.g. - TSF, or TeachSF)
- Enter the "Group description" (While this isn't mandatory, we do clean up groups from time to time and if it doesn't have a description and has a poor descriptive title we may delete it.)
- You can skip "Group's primary language" unless it applies to your specific needs.
- You can skip "Group type" unless it needs to be set up with specific needs. To learn more you can go here.
- Under "Basic permissions"
- "View Topics" - Change this to only have "All members of the group" checked.
- "Post" - Change this to only have "All members of the group" checked.
- "Join the Group" - This option is up to you, you can set it so only manually added emails are part of the group, or people can request to join, or any one can join.
- Once done, click the Red "CREATE" button at the top.
You have successfully created a new Google Email Group. It is ready to use immediately.